Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Meal Plan

I am not so good at planning out our meals. I don't ever do it, is what I really mean. Many people have told me that it saves a lot of money. We are in a situation where saving money is vital and thus I am giving it a try. I have tried before, but would do it sporadically. I have promised myself that I am going to sit down once a week and plan out our meals for that week and then shop accordingly. I started last Wednesday and planned through this Sunday, the 17th. I like planning because I can try out some meals I might otherwise not have had the ingredients for, on the downside planning takes forever. I have to think of/find a meal for everyday (a lot of looking through cookbooks and websites) and also try to have a varied menu so we don't have pasta two nights in a row. 

Here is my menu for this week and part of last:

Wednesday: Sausage Carbonara with a side of broccoli.
Thursday: Beef Tacos--but we got invited over to our friends house, so I did not end up making that.
Friday: Homemade Pizza (I need to share my recipe)
Saturday: We had my birthday dinner at my aunt's house.
Monday: Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and leftover french bread.
Tuesday: Stir-Fry with any vegetables and meat I have on hand.
Wednesday: Pasta Primavera
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Bangers and Mash (since it is St. Patrick's Day the next day)
Sunday: We are having dinner at my aunt's house!

The carbonara and the risotto are both Jamie Oliver recipes and were both very good and highly recommend them! Also, they were not very difficult to make. The carbonara especially comes together really fast. 

I am going to keep planning (and now I really have to since I said so in public) and hopefully save us some money. Woohoo to being all housewifey.

Do you plan your meals? How to you go about it? What are some of your favorite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment