Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Elanor's First Dance Recital

Elanor had her dance recital back on December 19th and I meant to blog about it, but never got around to it. Unfortunately, I did not get as many pictures as I would have liked as I am her teacher and teach eight other classes and I had to worry about getting girls into their costumes, making sure everyone was there and solving problems when they arose. 

Elanor got to wear a little make-up and have her hair in pin curls, which was pretty exciting for her.


Elanor and her friend, Elsie, were so excited I could hardly get them to stand still for these pictures!



They did a little two minute "tap" dance to the Cadillac's version of "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer", which is my favorite version.


We did not even get a good recording of the dance! Tyler was supposed to, but the batteries in my camera were not charged or something, and then he was frustrated with my camera and was trying to film with his mom's camera while fixing mine.  So, his filming is all over the place. Yes, he should have just stopped and got one good video with his mom's camera, but that did not run through his head at the time. He was pretty upset with himself, but another mom was able to film it and she said she would send me her version. Another sad thing is that Tyler's mom flew out here to see Elanor's recital and then got super sick and so was unable to go. However, the recital went really well and Elanor's class did better in the recital then they ever did in class. Elanor, herself did a great job and remembered everything she was supposed to do!

I am excited for the Spring Concert, because all the girls usually improve so much and have already been on stage, so the Spring show is much better!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sad that she got sick! And bummer about the video! I hope you get the good one from the other lady.

    ReplyDelete