Saturday, May 23, 2009

Europe Trip: London

We are back and had an amazing trip to Europe (thank you Mom!). I tried to do one blog of the whole trip and it took me forever to load all the pictures....and then somehow I deleted the entire thing!! It was very frustrating. So, I am going to be posting pictures each day starting in London, instead of trying to make one enormous post.

The Trip Begins...
Tyler and I had to wait in the airport for about 8 hours, because Jessica's flight left at 3pm and she had to be at the airport at 1 pm and our flight left at 8:45 pm. We had to arrive at the same time because we had to go up to D.C. to fly out (which is 3hrs from BV). This is a picture of us about 1/2 way through the wait.

Finally in London!!!
Tyler looking positively dashing here or very cute whatever suits you. Tyler and I with the London Eye behind us (biggest Ferris Wheel in the world). Mom, Tyler, me and Jessica with the Parliment buildings behind us.

A nice shot of the London Eye by Tyler.


Big Ben and a double decker bus.

Tyler and I

Erik standing outside of Westminster Abbey.
Mom in Westminster Abbey (well, more like an outdoor corridor-as you cannot take pictures inside Westminster)
Me standing in front of the Royal Ballet School--- I would love to take classes here!!We saw Oliver! in London and it was sooooo good! Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) played Fagin and he was hilarious. Buckingham Palace


Erik, the Photographer

A walk through Hyde Park Tyler and I sunbathing in Hyde Park Jessica and I walking along the Serpentine in Hyde Park.
Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens

Tyler and I at Piccadilly Circus (London's equivalent to Times Square)

Tyler pushing his luggage Trolley through the wall at Kings Cross Station to get to Platform 9 3/4....if only.... Shakespeare's Globe Theatre


St. Paul's Cathedral

London is my favorite city. There is so much to see and do. If you have not been there, take the time to go because it is one of the places that you should see before you die.

Thanks again Mom for taking us on this trip!

There will be more posts to follow, next up will be Bath and Canterbury!

Thats all for today, unless I feel like doing another post later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment