Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Graduated.

{I know I probably change the blog background way too often, but I get a little bored with it every now and then.}

On April 30th, Tyler and I (also Jess and Ricky) graduated from Southern Virginia University. The whole graduation ceremony was really well done and all the speakers were really good. The commencement speaker was Elder Nolan D. Archibald. 
elder-archibald

He is an area seventy for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and he is the CEO of Black and Decker. He has many accomplishments, but is so inspiring because he graduated from high school with a 2.0. He then set some seemingly impossible goals: 1-to play D1 basketball and 2-to get his MBA. He did not have    a great GPA and never made his high school basketball team. However, he went to a junior college, made the team (led them to nationals), and started getting good grades. He went on to get his bachelors from Weber State and started on their D1 basketball team and also got good enough grades to get into the Harvard Business school. He was also invited to try out for the Chicago Bulls (he did not make it, but was offered to play in the American league, but decided to go to Harvard instead). He gave a great talk and definitely gave us hope to make and keeps our goals.
Graduation in front of Main Hall (photo taken by Brayden Cluff)
Me getting my diploma from President Smith (photo-Brayden Cluff)

Tyler getting his diploma (photo-Brayden Cluff)

Some photos from the day:





 Tyler with Derek Cutler and Dr. Gardner (one of his favorite biology professors)
 With Mikaela and Evan--our good friends

Me {and Elanor} with Dr. Cluff

I'm so glad we came to SVU. It has been good for our marriage, we have both learned a lot, made some life-long friends, got to be around Jessica and Ricky, and it has been so much fun!
SVU is an awesome school with wonderful professors. I am really going to miss them so much...

It is a rather odd thing to be graduated and done with school. I have been in school my whole life. I love learning and reading, so I won't stop doing that, but not going to class will be weird. I'm sure I will miss it. Right now though, I'm loving being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment