Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kolob Canyons

This past weekend was Father's Day and Tyler's Birthday (on the same day) and my sister also had a wedding to attend in Cedar City, so we made a trip of it and camped in Cedar City and went hiking in the Kolob Canyons area of Zion National Park. We stayed in a pretty lame (as in tiny) KOA, but it was super close to the wedding reception and was only a 15 minute drive from the trailhead, plus there was a pool.


Phase 10 by lantern light.

 We did the Kanarra Creek hike on Saturday and it did not disappoint.


Tyler, Elanor and my sister, Jessica.
Can you find Elanor?

 We had to climb up two waterfalls on this hike using these makeshift ladders. It was so fun!
Elanor is excited about the prospect of a snack...

Climbing the second waterfall.


Eating lunch.

Climbing down.
Cute Jess.


Elanor making a pretend sad face.
 We think this video is pretty funny and laugh every time, but I'm not sure everyone else will think it is that funny. Elanor is singing part of "Almost There" from "Princess and the Frog".

Tyler with his birthday/Father's Day presents (he wanted survival books).
Morning.

 We took Jess to the reception and stayed for a bit (we know the couple, but not as well as Jess does--they are SVU people).

It was a beautiful reception and we had a fun little trip.

I have loved living in Utah and exploring all of its National Parks and beautiful scenery. There is so much to see.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you all. :)

    The hike looks lovely. I really need to explore more when I'm in Utah next. I so often stay with my grandma, so, naturally, we don't do a lot of hiking. I'm hoping I'll be able to drag some other family members along next time and force THEM to hike/camp with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like SOOO much fun!!! I'm so glad you guys could go!! And did you use your sister's camera for all these pictures?!?!

    ReplyDelete