Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to This Three Year Old Girl!

Three! Can you believe I have a three year old! One and two are big milestones, but three feels huge. She is not a baby or even a toddler anymore, Elanor is a kid. She does not let me forget it either. "I can put my shoes on, I'm big", "I can turn off my light myself", "It's ok, Mommy, I can get water for myself because I'm grown-up". Not quite, little missy. She has been enjoying the fact that she actually can do so many things herself and does not need my help, which is both liberating and sad for me at the same time.
I talk about Elanor all the time on here (is there anything else I talk about?), but I'll give you a little blurb about this here girl.

She is really so smart. I love reading other people's kids silly conversations and while Elanor does say funny things, she says them on purpose and does not often say goofy kid things because she often already talks like a grown-up. 

Elanor loves to pretend. When we are in the car, she often talks to herself making up stories (which she is a part of). I will ask her what she is talking about and she just says, "I'm talking to myself". Then, I hear little mutterings about witches, monsters, and princesses.

This girl also loves to perform (I wonder where she got that from...). She loves to sing and dance for people and make movies (of herself doing said things). She is definitely a people person and an extrovert. She loves hugging, kissing, snuggling and getting into people's personal space. Elanor does not really have "personal space", she is always ready for hugs, etc.

She has a will of her own ( a good and bad thing). She also does not do so well when tired. For example, yesterday she was throwing a tantrum right before bed and once she was calmed down I asked her what that was all about and she said, "I don't even know. I'm just tired." Well, I admit to having similar behavior...

She is overall such a joy and I feel so blessed to have her, Elanor  specifically. She is exactly what we needed. We love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment