Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Break-part 1

Tyler's grandma came and visited for the week. So far, we have shown her around BV and Lexington and just got back from spending 2 days in D.C. Here are some pictures from DC.

Day 1:


Tyler and Carol in the Natural History Museum
I like rocks.
I had so many more cool rock pictures to post, but had to limit it to these two, as I am sure no one cares as much as I do. Oh, and I like Tyler's face.
In the sculpture garden outside of the National Art Gallery
The first signs of spring!

Tyler and Carol
The Lincoln Memorial


The Vietnam War Memorial
This is the little inn we stayed at! It was so cute and very nicely decorated.
The view from our room

Day 2:
The National Cathedral--I never really thought about going here, but it was pretty much my favorite thing we saw.
This is the Bishop's Garden next to the cathedral. It was beautiful!


The view of the cathedral from the garden

A crocus
The stained glass windows inside the cathedral made the coolest lights on the stone




The view from the cathedral

The Folger Shakespeare Library
The Arlington National Cemetery

Thats all for now! There will be more at the end of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment