Saturday, October 27, 2012

In the Kitchen: Pumpkin Bread

Here is another Harry potter recipe! I am actually doing this one on time, imagine that! Pumpkin bread is not specifically mentioned, but in Book 1, Harry wakes up to the smell of baking pumpkin on Halloween day. Dinah Bucholz (author of the cookbook), included a pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread recipe to go with the smell of baking pumpkin. Yum!
This pumpkin bread does not disappoint. It is delicious. So, juts in time for Halloween, make yourself a loaf of this tasty bread!

Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 cup butter (1 stick),  at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin (don't use pumpkin pie mix)
1/3 cup whole milk
Confectioner's sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.

Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a separate bowl or mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs in one at a time, beating after each until incorporated. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the milk and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape and fold to finish.

Pour/scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, rotating halfway through baking. Bake until the loaf is feel risen and feels firm.  Remove from oven and cool in pan, before removing it from pan. Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.

I also really like to spread cream cheese on pumpkin bread.

Book update: I am over halfway through Book 4. I really have not been reading all that often ( I mostly just read right before bed). I need to read a lot this week. I might not finish.... I am giving myself until my party, which will be next weekend.
I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!

We sure will with this happy, little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment