Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sorcerer's Stone: Favorite Part/quote

If you don't care about Harry, by all means don't bother with this post (or most of the month) and I will not be in the least offended. I might wonder what is wrong with you, but I will not judge. 

The 1st book was a tiny bit tedious for me this time around. Maybe it is because I know almost all of it word for word or because it is really so much better if you are nine. It was overall enjoyable and I love little 11 year old Harry. Adorable.
Elanor at about 7 months reading the 1st Harry Potter book.

My favorite part is as follows (yes, I am making you read it):

"I'm going out of here tonight and I'm going to try and get to the Stone first."

"You're mad!" said Ron.

"You can't!" said Hermione. "After what McGonagall and Snape have said? You'll be expelled!"

"SO WHAT?" Harry shouted. "Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of the Stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? D'you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the house cup? If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursley's and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through the trapdoor tonight and nothing you two can say is going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?" 

He glared at them.

"You're right, Harry," said Hermione in a small voice.

"I'll use the invisibility cloak," said Harry. "It's just lucky I got it back."

"But will it cover all three of us?" said Ron.

"All---all three of us?"

"Oh, come off it, you don't think we'd let you go alone?"

"Of course not," said Hermione  briskly. "How do you think you'd get the Stone without us? I'd better go and look through my books, there might be something useful..."

"But if we get caught, you two will be expelled, too."

"Not if I can help it," said Hermione grimly. "Flitwick told me in secret that I got a hundred and twelve percent on his exam. They're not throwing me out after that."

I loved this bit, it made me get all sentimental. Harry, Ron and Hermione's character's are so obvious in this scene. In every book, Harry always tries to do these dark and daring things alone but Ron and Hermione always step in and go with Harry (think end of book 6 especially). They are very loyal and brave friends and Harry has such a clear view of right and wrong.
Giving HP kisses.

 Yes, they are wonderful books. Please read them if you have not!

No comments:

Post a Comment