Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Harry!

Today is Harry Potter's birthday (and J.K. Rowling's). I can't even describe in words how much this series has meant to me ever since I first opened up "The Sorcerer's Stone" on my 9th birthday. I grew up with these characters and they have become a part of my childhood, teen hood and adulthood. I love these books from the very depths of my soul. Oh, I know I am incredibly cheesy when it comes to Harry Potter and beloved books in general. It is who I am and I love books and I love them hard. It is a very convenient and happy thing that Becky (upstairs neighbor) loves them as much as I do and so of course we threw Harry a birthday party this weekend.
Tyler and I were Harry and Ginny, of course and Elanor was our owl.





We had a lovely time eating Mrs. Weasley's meat pies, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, Butter Beer, Harry's favorite, treacle tart, and Hagrid's birthday cake.

 Speaking of Hagrid, look who showed up!
Sorting Hat
Becky (Prof. Sprout) and Grey (he was supposed to be an owl as well--but would not wear his wings)
 Tyler looks exactly how I pictured Harry in the book and not at all like Daniel Radcliffe.

Stupefy!
 Becky and I put together a ton of questions for a trivia game. We had different sections for the questions, for example questions about Hogwarts and another section about the Weasley family. We divided everyone up into three different houses (there were no Slytherins present). Ravenclaws won, of course.

This was such a fun Harry Potter party!

Thank you Harry for being such a large part of my life and making me into a better person. 

Thank you J. K. Rowling for writing these books and creating characters that I would count as my friends (I know them so well, after all).

2 comments: