Friday, September 14, 2012

In the Kitchen: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am always trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes. If I see one that is claiming to be the best, then I have to try it. I saw this recipe on pinterest and it led me to the to the blog Not Without Salt. So, no this is not my recipe and no I am not going to type up the whole recipe on here since you can just go straight to her blog to get it.
 Get the recipe here.

 These are delicious cookies, which is why I bothered to share them, even if they are not my creation. I still need to try the NY Times chocolate chip cookie which is all over pinterest and claims to be the best. So, whenever I make that cookie I will post it and let you know what I think.

These cookies are nice and chewy. They are bit salty (in a good way), with a pleasant crunchiness to them (which comes form the turbinado sugar). This really is a very good cookie-----but you have to use quality chocolate!!!! No cheapo, waxy chocolate chips should be used here (or ever). If you want to save a little money use the Ghiradelli 60% cacao baking chips or the Whole Foods Dark Chocolate Chunks. They are each about $3.99 a bag, but you can find them on sale sometimes. I used the Whole Foods ones since I had them on hand and they are very good. However, if you have the means, get the good stuff (a Valrhona bar or something similar) and chop it up. It will be delicious.
Elanor approves, so I am sure you will!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment