Saturday, October 5, 2013

I belong...

to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons). I do not often talk about it here, though I clearly state so in the "About Us" section. I suppose I don't because not many people read this little blog and many of the people that do are already LDS (Mormon). However, for those of you are not Mormon and do not know much, if anything about this church then I invite you to watch General Conference tomorrow. General Conference is basically like a church meeting being broadcast to all of the members of the church (or anyone interested) all around the world, but we are listening to talks given by the leaders of our church, both male and female. There were already two sessions today, but don't worry there are two more tomorrow! They are broadcast live at 10 am and then another session at 2 pm (mountain standard time). You can watch it here.

In case there was any doubt, I want everyone to know that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. While there is truth is most churches and religions this is the only true church with a prophet who speaks from God just the same as in biblical times, because God does not change even if the rest of the world does. My testimony is simple. I know God lives and loves me, along with every single person that ever was, is and will be. I know Jesus Christ saved all of us because He and God loved us so incredibly much. I know that the Gospel left the earth when the last of Christ's apostles died, but was restored to the earth in its fullness in the 1800s through Joseph Smith. I also know family is central to pretty much everything and that God wants us to be happy and to be the best possible version of ourselves just like our parents do here on earth.

You can watch this little intro to conference video here:
My friend, Becky, also wrote a very good post on the same topic here.

To many people, believing in God may seem like that person is so very hopeful or simply uneducated. However, I am aware of the world, aware of science and I know that everything makes sense because of God and because of this Gospel. It really makes sense and that is why I believe it. It does make me happy, but more than anything, I know and have felt how true it is and cannot deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment