Monday, June 23, 2014

The Weekly Photo

 Tyler and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on Saturday. I love this guy and he is so easy to be married to, and I am so grateful for him. I'm glad I chose him and stuck with him even though I first started dating him when I was 16. The first time we held hands was at my 16th birthday party. My family had planned a surprise party and then with many of my friends we went and saw a movie afterwards. I knew Tyler, we had some similar friends and I had had a little crush on him for sometime--my sister made sure to invite him as she knew I liked him. We sat next to each other during the movie and my hand was down at my side and so was his. Somehow, we started holding hands. It is a running joke between us as to who started it. I say its him. Whatever the case, I remember in my 16 year old mind, thinking that my heart was beating so loud everyone could probably hear it because I was so excited that Tyler Laurent was holding my hand! It sounds so silly now, but I remember trying not to breathe too loud and I was in such a flutter that I hardly remember what happened in the movie (It was "Ocean's 12"). And now, nine years later, with six of those years being married, one beautiful daughter, two moves across the country, and a lot of life experience in between--I still love him and so much more every day. 

Oh, yes, that was incredibly mushy and cheesy, but it does not make it any less true. 

Here are some old pictures for your viewing pleasure:
Our first prom and official date together. We were both 16.
I was a senior in high school here, almost graduated in fact.
Married in 2008--I'm 19 and he's 20. Young, I know.

Honeymoon.
We moved to Virginia six months after we got married. 
After two and half years of marriage, I gave birth to Elanor.
A few months later we graduated from college and headed out into the world (Utah).
We're still here, but there is a lot ahead of us, with more school and more moves and hopefully, more children.

1 comment:

  1. PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! We love you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete